When it comes to the lawful management of recruitment and selection, evaluating candidates in an objective manner is something you cannot compromise. Using Evalu-8 can help mitigate against the risk of accusation of discrimination or bias during the recruitment process.
We all like to think we are open-minded and objective. However, research shows the beliefs and values gained from culture, life experience and family, significantly influence how we evaluate others, be it consciously or subconsciously.
It is these thought patterns, interpretations and assumptions (or biases) that we have built up over time that help us process information efficiently so from a survival perspective it may be a necessary trait, however in business it can be costly.
Evaluation tool Evalu-8 is a fully customisable employee evaluation tool that removes the potential subjective nature from an interview, assessment or observation situation. It provides an audit trail that demonstrates fairness and equality throughout the recruitment process.
This is why recruiters love Evalu-8. It is configured to remove the risk of being accused of bias or discrimination in the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010;
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
Using an evaluation tool such as Evalu-8 demonstrates good practice and the comprehensive reporting suite enables you to compare candidates completely objectively and justify your selection decisions. It helps ensure the correct candidate is selected against pre-set criteria.
Evalu-8 is so customisable, recruiter’s use it in several ways throughout the sift and select process and beyond, here are some examples:
- To provide a person specification, ensuring candidates possess the correct skills and knowledge, experience, aptitude and personal qualities required for the position they are filling.
- Shortlisting applicants/candidates based on qualifying closed questions.
- During interviews to ensure minimum criteria is met objectively.
- To assess the candidates presentation, accuracy and attitude.
- To test or assess candidates.
- To compare candidates ensuring the right selection is made for the right reasons.
- To provide feedback to candidates.
- To conform with employment law and best practice
- Equality and diversity monitoring
- Once the successful candidate is hired, managers then use Evalu-8 to assess their employees to monitor and improve performance.
Go to Evalu-8.com and arrange a demonstration now and see how Evalu-8 can support you. Let the software do the work for you.